Marshall Vs100r

Akula

Heya, been offered the opportunity to buy a Marshall vs100r combo for a relatively low price. Has anybody tried this amp, or know anything about it? It's a valvestate, 12" combo, 3-channel amplifier, these three things being what's tempting me - along with the low price.

Any opinions wouldst be much appreciated. Thanks!

i had a vs65r im not sure how much they have in common but heres a quick review

first off i had it for a couple of weeks and sold it so that should tell you how much i liked it.

the clean channel was ok the gain channel left a lot to be desired. the gain was on the harsh side even after rolling through some tubes (the stock marshall tube was suprisingly good i should have kept it but it sounded the best.) it was also hard to get any thing but metal tones dont expect any blues or classic rock (one of my problems i like blues) the reverb was good but its hard to screw up reverb. theres a effects mix knob that was cool it would mix your effects loop in with the amps channel you could get some cool sounds out of it (hands down the best feature of the amp) the over all sound was lacking bass responce i might have kept it for the clean channel but there was absolutly no bass responce to the amp it was a 1 12 combo and it sounded like you where playing through 6" speakers.

but my sugestion is to play it and see if you like it.

• 2 years later...