News for June

• Minor forum cosmetic changes
  • Enabled "Mark Solved/Best Answer" in the Tech Area
  • New Business Chat forum

Minor forum cosmetic changes

Several parts of the forum skin have been modified to reduce clutter and extend the working post area. Any issues with browser compatibility or other problems can be reported to me by PM.

Enabled "Mark Solved/Best Answer" in the Tech Area

A new feature to threads in the Tech Area is for the OP to mark a specific thread post as the "best answer". It is hoped that this will allow casual readers to find a thread conclusion without reading through pages of posts and to reduce redundant occurrences of the same answer. I am certainly guilty of the latter.

The OP, moderators or administrators can set the best answer for a thread although generally it is the OPs call. It's only available in the Tech Area since others tend to be more informational.

New Business Chat forum

A new non-public section aimed primarily at established business owners to talk shop has been created. Although still in its formative stages the general consensus is that it is purely for established business-to-business discussions, with parties bringing information to the table as opposed to business mentoring, startup advice, etc. As the idea evolves this may change to incorporate other business-related activities....

Send me a PM for access. Being a group targetted specifically at a professional level a brief overview of your activities and background experience (strategic planning, negotiation, marketing, financial planning) is encouraged. An alternative public forum under General Topics ("The Luthiery Business") has also been created for public discussion outside of this private forum.