Have Flames?

I will like to know if anybody know of a place or if you have a good drawing of a flame job, I'm still trying to come up with a finish for my LP and I'm contemplating Flames, EVH stripe job, or a burst, the colors are, purple pearl, mirage magenta/gold and gold, a little more darker than gold tops...

most flames when done by auto body shops are done free hand, its a learned art i myself am still workin on it, i had a flame job done on my gibson v totally custom free hand, thats part of it tho is everyone single one is different

heres a pic of mine for example

Flying V

hope that gives ya some inspiration

MzI

most flames when done by auto body shops are done free hand, its a learned art i myself am still workin on it, i had a flame job done on my gibson v totally custom free hand, thats part of it tho is everyone single one is different

heres a pic of mine for example

Flying V

hope that gives ya some inspiration

MzI

Those are nice, but too complicated for my first try, I will try to get a good picture of the "grinch" from hetfield and try to copy the pattern with PS, If anybody else got some pics or drawings please post them I need more Ideas...

Forget Photoshop. Learn to draw them. Practice, practice, practice. Eventually, you're going to have to adapt them to your guitar's body and get them at the right size and proportion, and if you just do that by distorting the image in Photoshop, your flames will look bad.

Good flames take a lot of skill and patience. And as Jeremy said, bad flames are just a curve or two away.

To be quite honest, flames are not that hard to draw. just try a few sketches and you might be surprised at how you do! Im not great at art, but i have decent confidence in drawing them. you just need to be flowing and smooth, the only thing im worried about it painting them(i.e. the way they change from red-orange-yellow-white-yellow)

Matt

Thanks all for the replies, especialy Jeremy, your tutorials and pics have been a great inspiration to start painting, just like Brian's to get me started on cutting my guitars. I'm shooting for somenthing like the blue black, so far the base color will be gold, then I will do the out line for flames, they will be 2 sets one pearl purple, and the other with the mirage system, I haven't decided which will go over which. I have tried drawing them but like Jeremy said there is a curve or 2 that makes it look weird, and since this is my 1st flame, I don't want to take much changes.