That's sweet.

I bought a harmony just like that at a pawn shop in '91. At that time I played drums in a punk band called "Balls Deep" and our singer needed guitar. I payed $50.00 for it and it sounded awesome through a Marshall stack. The band didn't last but a few months and the guitar ended up going from friend to friend. Dave, my buddy who was the singer for Drowning Pool, had it for a long time. It finally found it's way back to my guitar building buddie. We did a little work and it back to original form.

They sell for like $300.00.

I still never got my $50.00 for it. :D

i have a feeling it is going to be pretty heavily modded... in order to save me the trouble of buying expensive yet crappy harmony trem parts... i'm going to take a closer look at the body when i actually get it to determine what sort of hardware/pickups (and resulting routes) i'll have to do. i'm a pretty big fan of a HH combination, but i'm also thinking a P90 or a quarterpounder would look cool and suit the mood of the guitar

yep, i'm absolutely going for two pickups...

does anyone sell a jazzmaster/jag style pickguard without the switch holes? hell it's probably cheaper to buy the pickguard stock and cut one out myself... i'm also waiting for the body to arrive to see exactly what sort of neck dimensions i'm working with.. i'm hoping that i'll be bale to get one of brian's saga necks, just because they're cheap.. gotta love economy style!

Anyone know which model of Harmony ABMOA bought? It looks very cool.

I like the shallow cutaway look. In a world full of Strats (clones/evolutions), that little variation makes those guitars look so unique... so '60s.

A couple other guitars with that shallow cutaway: the Gibson Kalamazoo KG-1 and the Fender Musicmaster/Duosonic.

Pa080567.jpg100360.jpg

• 2 weeks later...