some guestions about starting out building I have

1. How much will it cost me? I want to make basicly a learning guitar,nothing fancy. Some cheap wood mainly what ever is the cheapest for this project. Im gona buy a used neck so leave that out.

2. If i buy the wood in boards how will i bind them to geather strong?

3. Whats a cool but easy first body like an RR,V, something like that?

Well, total for a body and componants, probley about 250 maybe less maybe more, depends on what you want.

for 'binding' them togeather, all ya need is titebond wood glue, get it at any local hardware store.

you should check out all of the tourtials on the main www.projectguitar.com site, that will anwser most of your questions.

As far as costs go, its all up to you. Wood isn't all that hard to find, if you look hard enough you might even find something decent for free. I recently picked up a headboard for a single size bed for nothing. Its made of straight grained mahogany and I figure I could get a couple guitar bodies out of that when sandwiched together. Also, the hardware is up to you. You can buy inexpensive tuners etc. or scavenge from guitars that are too far gone to recondition or just buy what you want a little at a time when you can afford it.

As far as "how" to do it, just spend a bit more time here and :DB):D . EVERYTHING you need is right in front of you, use the search engine.

Its not going to happen overnight. Building a guitar takes a lot of planning and second guessing. Usually the first guitar winds up costing the most. Not for parts, wood etc. but for TOOLS. Look around at garage sales, swap meets etc. for clamps, files, rasps, planes, spokeshaves, power tools (drill, router, jigsaw, etc.) not to mention bits and blades for those power tools. You can spend $120 for a router and then wind up spending an additional $100 on a router bit set. Thats just the way it goes. And you WILL make mistakes, don't get discouraged. Just pop in here now and then and search for posts from people who have gone thru similar dilemmas.

hey SG WyldeCHild,

I looks to me that you're thinking of starting out the way I did. I wanted a killer axe and just plain didn't have the dough to go and buy it. So I decided to make my own! By the time I finished up I did certainly have a guitar that was worth more <to me> than anything I could afford at the time. I also realized that I could have bought quite a decent guitar for a good bit less than I had spent on my project.

If you are just wanting to save money, then building your own probably is not going to be right for you. If you have other reasons, such as wanting something unique (see my bass idea thread, haha) or because you want to have the experience of doing it yourself, then that's great! I'm finding this forum to be very helpful and supportive of my current project, and I would look forward to seeing what you have going on as much as anyone. Lots of good folks here to help you along.