Where to get wood

I am new to guitar building. I am almost done with my first which turned out quite nicelt and will certainly not be my last.

My problem is that so far I have found very few places that sell wood.

This time I used warmoth and I know about stew mac but in the future I would like to go outside of the conventional mahogany, maple, alder, and ash option.

Where do you obtain woods like Koa, wenge, paduak(sp?), etc?

Where do you obtain woods like Koa, wenge, paduak(sp?), etc?

any nice koa is gonna be EXPENSIVE. i mean killer expensive. the reason you see it on the back of an acoustic is that its reasonably thin. if you want a carvetop solidbody expect to pay around 300+ for a flame top. even plain grain koa isnt cheap.

wenge is real nice, dark and hard, difficult to cut and sand though. good for lows.

paduak i havent figured out yet. you dont see a ton of people using it for guitars, some but not alot.

you can get a highly figured piece of it for reasonably inexpensive, i dont know why though, mass availability or not the best tone wood would be my guest.

I am currently building an SG styled guitar out of paduak and I can say it is one of the nicest grains I have worked with, although it is pretty heavy. I made the back of the SG out of a piece (glued) that measured about 17" x19" and was about 1.5" thick. That weighed in at 10 pounds by itself!!

What I was thinking about myself is just skim the streets and some of them places where old wood is. I mean like, it doesnt matter what it has previously been used for, as long as its good quality and (relative) easy to work with (so no weird shapes in the wood etc.). I was thinking about some of them old furniture or what I said those wood dumps there was one near me but they took it away.