Guitar of the Month for October

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 23rd of September then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There will be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

This is a semi-hallow body designed after an ES-335. It is a mahogany neck thru with a maple fretboard. The body has a mahogany core and back and a leopardwood top. Its green because the guy I built it for wanted it that way. I would have preferred a natural finish.

finished_front_1_s.jpg

finished_closeup_s.jpg

finished_back_s.jpg

finished_top_s.jpg

I captured most of the build process here:

Building the Guitar

Some of those pictures are of an identical guitar I'm working on. The carved top is for the second guitar.

All comments and constructive criticisms are welcome. This is my second guitar but the first time I did my own neck.

Mike

I built my guitar completely from scratch, and made all the parts myself. It has a wonderful sound. It looks even better in real life than in the pictures, but it is the best my camera could do. I have no problems with it.

Here are the links: http://img46.exs.cx/img46/3591/Digitalcamerapictures156.jpg

http://img39.exs.cx/img39/5254/Digitalcamerapictures117.jpg

http://img46.exs.cx/img46/1059/Digitalcamerapictures152.jpg

http://img46.exs.cx/img46/7171/Digitalcamerapictures079.jpg

Heres my Custom 59 Flying V, its a complete build from scratch

Specs:

Mahogany back

Flamed Maple top w/ purple heart laminate inbetween mahogany and maple

5 piece black walnut laminate neck with scarf joint

Bolivian Rosewood fret board

24 Frets, 24 3/4 scale, Neck thru, Strings thru

Bone nut, sprezel locker tuners, tone pros bridge

1 Seymour Duncan Jazz pup

1 vol 1 tone

Finished with amber dye on body and black dye on the neck

Lacquer clear coat

the thread about the build is here --> THread

Side angle view

Front closeup

Headstock Inlay

Fretboard

MzI

before i sell it, i'm going to enter my strat. if you remember from two or three months ago, it was the natural wood w/ ebony flames along the side and a black pickgaurd. not, it's not:

formerly:

front.JPG

now:

strat%20front.JPG

unfortunately, i didn't take any progress pics along the way. thing that changed we the design (obviously), the type and process of clear coating, and a capacitor in the electronics (whoa...major stuff...)

i started by sanding down the entire body, through all sealants and whatever else have you on until the wood stood in its natural beauty (yes...that's legal). once there, i sanded the body smooth up to a 1000 grit. i then taped a drawing i made of the dragon onto the body of the guitar, putting the bridge in place just to make sure it would fit, then using an xActo, cut along the drawing into the wood about 1/16th of an inch, give or take 1/32nd.

using very fine paintbrushes, i stained the dragon w/ Minwax Red Oak and Minwax Ebony. i then sanded it down until it was only about 30% left. re-stained. repeated so it was a total of staining 3 times. i layered on a Minwax clear stain over the entire body (including over the dragon for depth), then sanded the entire guitar down to a 1500 grit and re-stain the whole thing one last time, same order. detail work on the dragon, clear stain, sand smooth (started w/ 1000 then to 2000).

i used a cabinetry laquer (C144-19, custom made by a friend of mine. thick and diamond-hard, semi-gloss) over the entire thing, sanded it w/ a 1500, applied a second layer, sanded it down w/ a 2000.

re-assembled the body. took pictures. posted here.

(btw, this is also for sale...see this thread for info/price)

figures, as soon as i enter my guitar, WAM!, here comes LGM with his noob killer. man. nice axe.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is my entry for made from parts or modified.

Front

DSC01185.jpg

Back

DSC01193.jpg

Full Scalloped Neck

DSC01083.jpg

Custom Recessed controls ans pup switch.

DSC01198.jpg

Specs.

Body, neck and hardware Epiphone Les Paul Classic

Electronics EMG Zakk Wylde set. 81/85

Paint Gold base, Duplicolor Mirage set Gold/Magenta, cranberry

Pearl stripes. (5150 inspired).

MODS Full Scalloped neck, filled pup switch cavity and moved to

control cavity, recessed potentiometers 2 vol, 1 tone,

1 3 -way switch. Leveled and fully polished the frets (feel

like butter)

The guitar looks as good as it plays, here is a link to the inprogress.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=9530&st=0