Hi......

I came across the site awhile back while looking at my beaten/covered in stickers RG560 and thinking it needs an overhaul.

I was pleasently surprised when alot of the tutorials involved an RG in the process.

So now I have it sanded,put in a jem style output jack,vaneered the headstock and just did some sample stains on a piece of vaneer and thought I would register as they dry............... :D

I'm gonna fill in the two single coil pick up areas and possibly all the controls,might leave just a volume but I use a volume pedal so I was thinking of having no controls on it and then I will put some vaneer on the body also.

I would ultimatly love to fill in the edge trem area and put a fixed bridge in it but I am not to sure about that as this is my first guitar project.

And also an edge trem is expensive........mine is toast.

But I have noticed that Paul Gilbert has alot of his trem fitted guitars modded for fixed bridge......I would like to find out more info on that if anyone has any.

Anyway.........my name is Darryl and I live in Canada.

I currently play guitar in a modern hard rock type of band.

You can check out some tunes at www.redstarpowertrip.com if you wish.

My gear consists of:

PRS CU24

Gibson LP studio lite

Mesa Dual Rectifier

BBE sonic maximizer

2 Marshall 4x12's

and various pedals.

Some bands I'm really into at the moment:

Nothingface

Shadows Fall

The Haunted

Killswitch Engage