Automotive refinishes on solid body electrics

JTisMe

I'm messing around with using some House of Kolor "Kandy Kolor Intensifier" in PPG clear basecoat, then finishing it with typical high solids clear. Anyone used the HOK stuff before? Any recommendations on ratio? This stuff is pretty powerful. I'm thinking just a few drops mixed in with 200ml of base/hardener will give me the candy red tint I'm after.

I think this will be one of those ideas which takes several test shootings before getting the desired results….

-jeff

Wow...it's been a while since I sprayed automotive but I know I'm not the first to say "Science is GREAT!". The new Basecoat/Clearcoat Urethane finishes are amazing.

If you have more money than skill (like me) you cannot beat this :-) I do mean money though, since a good spray gun is >$200 and I have $150 into materials already and there ain't a lot here.

I prepped the wood with inexpensive Ace clear sanding sealer then followed the manufacturers directions and so far so good on my test samples. We'll see as the day goes on but I'm liking it so far.

-jeff