Question about Les Paul

Beno

Mainly the Electronics and quality of the epiphone which sets it apart from the Gibsons, i love epiphones i have two Epip Customs LPs, an i think they are easily as good as Gibson Studio LPs and not far off from a Gibson STD, i wouldnt pay the extra 1000 for a gibson

EVERYTHING...

I love my Epi LP, but if Icould afford the real deal I woult trade it in a heartbeat.

Mainly the Electronics and quality of the epiphone which sets it apart from the Gibsons

This is a big difference in tone!!! and the electronics on my LP where swaped as soon as I got my hands on it.

an i think they are easily as good as Gibson Studio LPs and not far off from a Gibson STD

I don't want to bash on you but , In your dreams, so I thought the 1st time I picked one up, but after cutting into mine I discovered a substandard craftmanship, wood materials, electronics,etc... I will say that for what I found on mine they are a bit overpriced.

1.To start the neck material on mine was advertized as mahogany, mine is maple!

2.The body is a 3 piece laminate(not side by side but sandwiched of a lighter color mahogany, I thought it was alder but I took it to a hardwood place here and they told me it was mahogany, but not a dark color one.

3.They say the top is maple... jut a veeeery thin veneer I must say.

THey even placed mahogany veneer on the back of the headstock and the sides of the neck heel, I guess why??? maybe to a normal person that won't bother looking at his guitar might think it's mahogany...

4. there is a space between the neck heel and the body about 3/16 that is unacceptable for me, but what can I say, take it back? I already customize it for my taste!

DSC00996.jpg

I was going to link it but I think that people will see it here instead of opening another page and this is a big dissapointment in my guitar!

This said, if you don't plan on thinkering with it you might be happy with your Epi, If you are going to get a "good" guitar, I suggest you do a little more research and get somenthing better. I will most probably open a thread about this topic so that we can all talk to each other on the quality of some after amrket gutiars in order to help ourselves in the event of buying a already made guiatr.

The action on my Gibson LP Custom is the lowest of all my guitars, and very nearly the lowest I've ever played. I had it set up when I got it new in 1981, and I've never had to touch the truss rod or bridge height in all that time. Even after having the strap come off and the headstock hit the floor! Just one bent tuner. It's built like a tank.

Often the neck profiles are different. The wood quality is lower on Epis (two piece back vs. one piece), lower quality fretboards, different headstock shape (clipped corners), the electronics are a lot worse: for instance, the Gibson Black Beauty Reissue has 3 burstbuckers, and the Epi version just has generic humbuckers.