Keeping the edges square

Just cut one of the mahogany wings for my guitar (wich is gonna be a neck-through) with a jig saw. I cutted away from the line I marked (and it was good 'cause jig saw blade was always bending), and now I have to take off those wood around it. How can I keep the edges as square as possible?

you could go to a home depot or lowes(i like lowes better) and buy a piece of plexyglass (like 1/4 thick) and buy a top bearing router bit. this will cost no more than 30$ so its worth investing in cause you will use the bit for other steps of your guitar building.

make a template out of the plexy glass the exact size of your guitar and be sure to mark center lines on it, then just place it on the body of the guitar using double sided tape or if its getting a top placed on it you could countersink some screws into it. or use screws where the pickups would go then just follow the template with the router, but go very slow so you dont chip out any of the wood!

and if you got the cash you can pick up a small band saw for under 100$ it wont be much but it would help on the cutting process. :D

I ended up in another way. Since the top of the wing was already planed flat, I carefully used the router freehand to remove much wood as possible near the edge line, not too deep. Then, using a ball bearing bit, I finished routing following the already routed part, and then removing imperfections with a rasp. Since it's the first time I work with wood, and I never used router, rasp and jig saw before, I'm quite satisfied with the result.