Amps

Biohazard

I tried the Line 6 spider II and I wasn't very pleased. The knobs are so sensitive that the sound waves could turn them lol. There's 2 metal settings and one metal on the Ultra setting. I didn't find them to be that great - I prefer a good clean amp (like a fender deluxe) with a Digitech metal master cranking the morph all the way up, or use a RAT2. The clean on the line 6 was kind of garbage I thought as well. Then again I hear once and a while that some amps have to be cranked past a certain point to get the best out of it and I had this amp at maybe 1 since there was about 20 other people in the guitar store playing and the owners have to keep the peace :D lol.

I also tried recently a Marshall MG50 and wow was that ever garbage as well :D . My 30 watt Nova amp from Sears could keep up with it clean wise. I am currently amp shopping and there's three amps I still wanna check out - Peavey XXL combo, XXX combo, 5150 combo, and a Marshall AVT275. So far a Fender Deluxe is winning in the race of "come home with me" :D. Can anyone provide some insight on those peavey and marshall amps if you recommend them? My style is bands like My Dying Bride and Anathema - slow metal riffs with occasionaly thick dark clean. I've been told just to get a fender and use a good distortion pedal. :DB)

-Jamie

eh sorry if this is a lil off topic but i was wondering about the avt series from marshall my friend has this amp but he is gettin a new one so he is going to give me the marshall for free. its the 150 watt half stack and i was wondering if anyone knew anything aobut it like what the distortion sounds like and the clean channle and other important tihngs

take the amp! its free! in this world talk anythign that comes to you free. let me see , 150 watts, MARSHALL, take it and if its not something you like sell it. or take it and give it to me :D

• 1 month later...

I've been searching around for amps a little more and have come up with more amps that are within my price range. I was just wanting to know what people's opinions and comments about them are. The amps are:

Laney Tube Fusion models

Laney TFX models

They are not valve amps and they are not solid state. They are a hybrid of both. There is a valve pre-amp and the final output is solid state. What do people think of these. Since they are both valve and solid state does this mean a 65w would do me, or because of the solid stateness would I need 100w or something around there? Thanks for any comments.