Veneer thickness follow up, late...

Hey guys sorry for the late follow up on the veneer thickness question I asked a few days ago. I used Titebond II glue for the veneer. It did not bubble until I added the nitrocellulose to it. I tried to do the heat thing Brian, but it losened the lacquer also. It did not however flatten the veneer. Should I use 1/4" veneer instead. Hell, I'm at a loss. I think I will just remove it and start over. Thanks, Scott

youre leaving out some info i think....how did you go about pressing the veneer?.....there are some specialty glues for the thin vaneers you might have wanted to try...tightbond makes a special glue for this......the 1/4 inch top may give you trouble bending on the contour....if you are using a flat top guitar, then this is the way to go

I've had nitro kill titebond as well. However, it's really rare. How long did you let the titebond cure for? and how heavy were your first coats of clear? The glue really needs to cure at least 48 hours, and your first coats of nitro should be no more than a dust coat. I would have sealed the wood first before spraying the nitro as well.

How long did you let the titebond cure for? and how heavy were your first coats of clear? The glue really needs to cure at least 48 hours, and your first coats of nitro should be no more than a dust coat. I would have sealed the wood first before spraying the nitro as well.

good points...that veneer is so thin and really soaks up liquid like a paper towel