Yamaha Stringless

monkey69962000

Well i went today to get a book at my local Borders Books, and the Sharper Image is right next door. Now i went in and saw this yahmaha. Now its stringless. I personaly think is is horrible. It plays horrible, the neck is wider, and the sound is like techno almost. When you find the setting for distortion, it sounds like a 60's robot snorring. Well what are other peoples view on it. If you dont know what im talking about then ill put a link up a little later.

Little Later:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Conten...D500946,00.html

found out its only supposed to teach, but still, it can only really act as a chord chart compared to a strat or an acoustic guitar.

Edited by monkey69962000

it is, its a synth guitar that lights up with chord positions and note positions. Now if only it can use regular MIDI files or maybe guitar pro files instead of only their files, i would look inot buying it, but since it doesnt id rather not. its a good tinker toy but id rather get a real guitar, though its a nice alternative if your caluses just got ripped off :D

Edited by truerussian558

Now if only it can use regular MIDI files or maybe guitar pro files

It has MIDI in/out, so you would use a plug-in program like V-Sampler, Giga-Studio, or SFZ+ to "play" the guitar samples that you wanted to play... Tele, Strat, LP, Jazz, fretless... all at the click of a mouse.

The technology still doesn't give us perfect sounding MIDI-generated guitars, but it's sounding better. Of course, the computer can only replicate whatever sounds are already sampled, and it's difficult to tell a computer how to interpret evereything that you can do with a real guitar, so there are still a lot of sounds that we can only create on a guitar.

Computers are cool, but guitars still rule.

D~s