Replacement For Jackson Rr3 Floyd

kjll

Welcome to the Forum. I'd have to say that the best are original Floyds, as long as you don't mind the price. I think www.allparts.com stocks them. Floyd Rose has a few varieties, but they all yield about the same quality. You can probably find one in the $150-$200 range.

krazyderek on this forum has the best prices on original floyds i have found,and he is easy to deal with as well(dreamlandguitars.com)

brian on this forum sells liscensed units at universaljems

as far as quality goes i just put a 7 string original on a vee i made...and it is a hell of alot better than any of my other trems...i think the mass of the unit has something to do with it

i was having trouble with the tuning of the guitar, it would go out of tune after playing a songg with dive bombs ( i'm not talking whammy abuse i'm talking small divebombs and things like that). i know the nut is locking, i use ghs boomers. I the bridge moves freely. I have an ibanez RG470 and i dont have any trouble with untuning on that guitar and i use the same strings. so i have ruled it down to the bridge. is that a fair assumption??

Edited by kjll

is that a fair assumption??

yes it is fair...those jackson floyd copies are terrible.

your knife edges are probably worn and i am sure your studs are as well.replacing the trem with a floyd original or a schaller would be a vast improvement

anyone know if you can buy those ibanez zr trems seperately yet?those things are seriously kick ass,as is the new edge pro trem

i dont think the knife edges are worn, i got the guitar about 4 motnhs ago, and i raelly only started getting interested in whammy about a month ago, even when i first got it, it definately didn't stay in tune well when using the whammy.

Edited by kjll