Wiring Help

mdw3332

Can someone please help me. I have wired a two HB project with 1 tone & 2 volume pots. I used the diagram below with 500K pots and .020 capacitor. The problem is that the tone pot is working as a volume control for both pups (separately or together) and does not impact tone at all. The volume pots work fine. The only thing that I did that may be problematic is that I grounded everything to the tone pot. Is that a problem? Ive looked at all the reference stuff I can find and am lost.

Thanks in advance.

Marty

Wiring Diagram

lovekraft, the differences are:

Guitar Electronics shows the cap going from the left hand lug on the tone pot (with the shaft facing up) to a ground. SD has it going from the middle lug to ground.

Guitar Electronics has the output from the switch to the middle lug on the tone pot then to the tip of the jack. SD has it going to the right hand lug.

I don't know enough about electronics to know what difference this would make, but it did work.

Thanks for the advice - I've got get out the electronics book and learn this stuff better.

Guitar Electronics shows the cap going from the left hand lug on the tone pot (with the shaft facing up) to a ground.

OK, now I understand - the diagram you posted (Guitar Electronics) actually shows the cap going from the right hand lug on the tone pot to ground. Glad you got it working! :D