Jackson Floyd/fingerboard Radius?

Hi!

I have a Jackson Floyd Rose Tremolo here that is NOT made by Schaller. I want to use it for my next project, a Rhoads like V-guitar. What fingerboard radius do Jackson guitars have? I guess all Jackson Floyd guitars have the same fingerboard radius, otherwise they would have to make floyds with different radii to match the fingerboards. What fingerboard radius do they use?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel!

Thanks but are you really sure? I never heard about any 6-string guitar with a 16" radius. That flat radii are common only for 7-string guitars....

Lots of guitars are at least close to this. Carvins are now compound 12"-15", but used to be 15", many Ibanezes are 15". Many Jacksons do have a compound board from 12"-16", but for Floyd purposes 16" works fine.

Only old timers have round fretboards.. :D

Yes 15" guitars are common and 12" to 16" compound too, but 16" throughout? It could very well be, I just wanted to know if you are sure because it is no common radius....

Well, I can't find any data to back me up, and I can't remember where I got it. All I find now (and there isn't much) says 12-16" compound on Jacksons. But Carvins were definitely 15" and many Ibanezes are actually 430mm - that's 17"!

But the point is that on a Jackson you'd use a 16" radius; that's the "ending" rdius closest to the bridge.

...ACTUALLY, since the radius is 12" at the nut and 16" 3/4 of the way toward the bridge, you'd ideally use a 17 1/3" radius at the bridge, but that's splitting hairs...