Jay Tursers

sepultura999

I've been reading about the Agile guitars but what about the Jay Tursers? Everytime I look up information I never can find out what the bodies are made of, they always state "solid wood body, maple set neck, rosewood fingerboard" - it'd be nice to know what wood they use for the body. Anyone have any experience with jay tursers? Thanks.

-Jamie :D

Another one of the names put on guitars made by (I believe) Samick. Never liked the fit or finish on the ones I played. I was much happier with the SX basses (Rondo Music) I bought (lower cost, but not much else). Just plan on replacing everything that is not glued on (electronics, hardware, and nut).

Definately not Walnut, I have a LP copy from them, for the price its a good solid guitar. i wouldn't be suprised at all if they are made side by side with the Agiles. I paid less than $200 for mine, and I really wouldn't have paid more. So far all I've replaced are the switches and wiring, they were aweful. Fit and finish are nice, and the pickups are suprizingly good. As far as the wood goes....I have no idea what it is, I haven't stripped the finish, but from what I can see in the cavities, it looks like some kind of multi layer construction. I've had it almost 3 years now, and I do have to say I like it, but you really need to get your hands on the one you want...QC is scetchy at best. I got a good one, I've seen others that weren't even close to this one.

George

• 3 weeks later...

I dont own or have played a jay turser but im thinking of getting one of a sanatago (i think they're the same thing). I just wanna test out if they are as good as a value as stated. a good site is Musicland Central They're the same company as on ebay. Well, i would suggest to check harmony-central.com. I hoped that helped :D

From what I've read Jay Tursers use mostly basswood. They sometimes use swamp ash and alder. I think sanatoga is the same thing but it could be just plywood or whatever. I've read they're decent guitars and you pay what you get for. I was thinking of buying a Sanatoga Black ES175 Electric Jazz Guitar because I'm not a jazz player but i like the sound these guitars make, and I don't want to dish out 500 bucks on one. They're good starting guitars to start out on or if you want a certain sound for a hobby.

-Jamie :D