For Sale: Archto Guitar Body - Laminated Top/back

Myka Guitars

Hello again. Just finished another round of cleanup in the archives and I have another guitar body up for sale. This one is pretty cool. It is a D'Aquisto inspired archtop guitar body with laminated spruce top and laminated maple back. StewMac use to sell the spruce top still sells the back. There is a Sitka spruce x-brace inside. The sides are quartersawn cocobolo and the neck and tailblocks are mahogany. The inside is finished sanded to 320 grit and is very clean (no glue, etc). The outside has not been sanded at all. The surface is a veneer so I was waiting until it was complete before sanding. The binding is a fiber laminated black/white/black material. All that needs to be done is to flush trim the binding and finish sand. If you have a neck or neck material this is a good way to get a decent archtop at a decent price.

Here is the link: Archtop Guitar Body

I am charging $260 which covers my material investment and about $30 for my time. That works out to about $1 an hour so that's not too bad. The price also has the PG forum 15% taken off since it will go on eBay Tuesday starting at $310 if no one is interested.

My hope is that this will go to a good home and you will finish it and produce a cool archtop guitar.

~David

Not too much interest in this one. I can certainly understand. I myself have touted that solid wood is far superior than laminates for the top and back of any guitar. I decided to put this on eBay early. We'll see what happens. If I can't break even I'll post it again here dirt cheap.

Here is the link: guitar body on eBay.

~David