Active Pickup Wiring

ZiKi

i wired everything up for my seymour duncan active livewire pickups but it's not working. maybe i didnt wire the output jack up right. the one in the diagram isnt very useful

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/suppo...ingle_coils.jpg

... also, it might be my capacitor... i ordered a .20 and i think it can be used... ugh im so lost, and i really want to play this guitar

The first thing you want to check is your grounds, If everything that needs grounded isn't ground to the bridge or other suitable location you will have issues and all the grounds should be connected to one another as well(meaning you dont want two different ground locations). Also check to see if the pickups are grounding out somewhere(exposed wire or something shorting the circuit.)

This may very likely be the problem. I put new pots in an old epiphone a couple months ago and I missed a ground connection and ended up stumped for a day or two until I found my error. I'm sure some of the more knowledgable folks could suggest other possible causes for your pickups not working, but your grounding is a good place to start the search.

Justin