Kramer Bass Fretless Neck

I found this on eBay, and was wondering if anybody can tell me anything about the pros/cons of the head and neck design. (I'm looking at necks for my next project, a fretless bass.)

KRAMER BASS FRETLESS NECK

I love the note that is below the item's description:

sorry no trades i already bought the neck with frets i needed it cost me $200.00

all i want to do is recover what i spent this is a very nice neck not the questionable junk people try to unload on ebay

Hmmm... mentioning that guitar necks on eBay are "questionable junk" might not be such a great idea if you're one of the people who is trying to unload a guitar neck on eBay...

D~s

Seller

I DONT TACK ON CREATIVE CHARGES OR INFLATE COSTS

LIKE SOME OF THE TYPICAL  EBAY SCUMS DO

If it's all "questionable junk" and full of "typical ebay scums" why does he have 70 buys on ebay and only 9 sales? He sure seems to buy a lot.....just wondering out loud I guess.... :D

Anyway....regarding the neck. I don't know what his reserve is for it but if you're looking for a fretless neck why not build one? I would guess the cost of wood and a fretboard would be less than his reserve. Of course it won't be a Kramer or aluminum..........

if you're looking for a fretless neck why not build one?

Lack of knowledge and experience, ergo lack of confidence.

I figured I would put pre-made necks on my first two projects... but maybe I'm just being overly cautious. I just hate to ruin great quarter-sawn wood.

D~s