Www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com

ebay sale for www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com

I am a bit skeptical, even though his ebay ratings appear to be flawless. Allparts sells the same 4 string abm headless unit for bout $250, he will sell it for $175 (new). His price price jsut seems to good to be true. If anyone knows anything about this guy or can vouch for or against him I would be very appreciative.

Peace,

Ryan

Edited by bassman

If you remember Guitarfrenzy strat, he got the templates from him, and most of the templates drawings are made by AlexVDL(sorry if I got it wrong Alex) , and he is a member of the forum too. I think that if you call him up you can verify that he IS the one posting the e-bay Item and not somebody else! and is using his website as a reference of the part in question.

I've bought templates from Ronnie before.....He communicates well with his customers and ships his product promptly.....I think the accuracy of the templates is lacking a bit....He tells me that his templates are vastly improved since the time I bought a set of J-Bass templates from him. I'm still waiting for his offer to trade me a new improved set for my old unused set......HINT!....HINT!

As for the ABM heardless unit.....Yeah, Allparts lists the parts for a retail of $250 and he is selling the same unit for $175......Reason for the price difference is that he erther is an ABM dealer and is offering a discount .....or....He is buying from Allparts wholesale as I do....generally wholesale is between 50% or 60% of the retail price....I love having that resale tax number!

Devon....Take the J-Bass templates that I purchased from Ronnie and compare it to a Fender J-Bass body and there is a world of difference...Even in overall length.....Remember that I stated that since I got my J-Bass set, the templates were "vastly improved", according to Ronnie. If it "seems accurate"...it doesn't mean that they are accurate.

It doesn't matter who drew the CAD files....The set that I got did not have consistant curves and the overall length was off by at least an inch.....I haven't even looked at the templates for 6 months, so this figure may be off by a greater degree. I never even took the paper of the plexi, once I felt the edges. The upper horn has flat spots and the overall body has incorrect width and length and also flat spots. I'm sure you are asking why I did not return them...It is because I get tired of screwing around with "stuff" that I should have made myself.....As a post script...I no longer use any pre-made templates...I have all the necessary means to produce and utilize only my designs and templates.

If Ronnie or anyone that actually knows him reads this, prove me wrong in my analysis.....send me the new and improved templates for comparison.

.....or....He is buying from Allparts wholesale as I do....generally wholesale is between 50% or 60% of the retail price....I love having that resale tax number!

Tdog, clue me in. Does that mean that you've set yourself up as a re-seller (business)? How does one do that?

PM me if you'd rather not hijack.

erikbojerik....First off, you'll need a valid tax resale ID from your state dept of revenue, establishing yourself as a existing business. This proves that you just aren't buying a few parts for yourself. Secondly, you'll have to set up an account with Allparts. Some wholesalers require minimum purchases annually to keep an account active......I have to check on my status soon since I haven't placed an order since May.