Idiot Box

otgordin

Hey guys,

There is an incubus song called Idiot Box off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (track 4). During the clean part the guitar has some kind of ridulously awesome effect to it. I was wondering if anyone knows what that effect is and how would I even begin replicating it on a VAMP 2. BTW, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

-Vadim

I just checked the incubus site and they have a sample of the song that starts out with the effect I am trying to replicate. Go to Enjoyincubus.com, click on media, and then scroll down to S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and click on whatever format you want to hear the song in. Thanks dudes.

-Vadim

wow, i definately never put the two songs together. But now that I think about it they do have a similar "oscilating" sound. I have never really gotten into effects... but I should have my v-amp next week so I plan to dive right in (finally a break from classes). Thanks dude.

-Vadim

I just got a Vamp-2 and have been messing around with it. Try the "rotary" effect and play around with the tweaks, if it's a Leslie sound you're after.

Also...plug the AC adapter into the Vamp first, THEN plug into the powerstrip; otherwise you may not have the delay & reverb active after boot-up. If this is the case, unplug from the power strip then plug in again and re-boot. There is no ON/OFF switch.... This seems to be the deal with mine.