Dead Pickup Help

Devon Headen

Well, I had a tele neck pickup I was making a pickup ring for. I had a REALLY tight fit on the ring, and when I tried to take the pickup back out, the cover started coming off. That's not really a problem, I can get it back on. So I get the cover back on the pickup, and go to test the resistance to decide which pickup I need to match my bridge pickup. It doesn't read anything. I remember reading it when I first got the pickup, and I think it was around 7kOhms, but that's kind of beside the point. Anyway, I took the cover back off, and apparently the coil has been disturbed. :D I didn't think that would mess up the pickup, it's only a couple wires that got pulled up. I tried to just lay them down on the rest of the coil, but that didn't do anything. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Devon

It sounds like you have a broken wire within the pkp.

With all the cool choices of pkps and good prices out there, I'd probably just buy another rather than try to hunt down the broken wire and try and fix it.

I could throw it at the WOD for a little appetizer munchie.

:DB):D

I don't think WODing this would be very fulfilling. Unless I rigged it with some kind of home-made explosives. I'd still like to try to get this thing up and running, because it's a nice pickup. I had it in my dobro at one point, and I really like the sound it gave. A coil has to be unbroken all the way around? I didn't know that. If I can fix it, what's the best method? Thanks,

Devon