Scale Length Question

All string length needs to be compensated for beyond the basic scale length. The compensation increases with string thickness (wound and unwound strings differ however) - a theoretical string of zero diameter wouldn't need compensation, except you also have added string length caused by the strings needing to be raised off the fretboard. Lower action can effect the amount extra that is required. The string length is always twice the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, plus that extra for compensation. All guitars need it, not just Gibsons.

So im building a 32" bass and i want to make a wood bridge. will i have to set the middle of my bridge right at 32"? is this the same distance as the distance from the nut to the 12th, then that distance to the bridge? im confused, and im sure my question doesnt help. but basically i am wondering where to mount my bridge and the proper way for it to be exactly placed. thanks