Fixed Bridge Installtion

"OK, you guys asked for an update. The whole thing is mapped out on the front and back, but I mad sure not to mark too dark because I don't want this to be heavily visible and this IS supposed to be a transparent finish. I figured out the neck by seeing where the end of the neck lines up and matches with the contour, traced it, and went from there. I took measurements for where to put the pups and the bridge from another guitar.

How much more slack should I give this thing for the scale length? It's going to be 25 1/2." How's about 1/4"-1/2" inch or so when the saddles are pulling back their least sound? It's going to be medium-low action with 46-10's so I know I won't need a ton more. Sorry, but this is my first real bridge installation from scratch."

I wouldn't do a -single- thing until you can actually attach the neck. Cutting or routing -anything- out before that step is treading very risky ground and the chance you'll have to start backpeddaling to make up for a mistake you would rather have avoided. B)

PS, you shouldn't have to 'guess' within a half inch for scale, once you can attach your neck, then there is NO guesswork, you'll be able to mark out your scale line -exactly-, which is the way it should be done.

Kapish? :D

PS, it's looking reeeal sweet so far. :D