Behringer Midi Foot Control

chrisb0109

I currently have the V-amp2 and am quite happy with it. However the foot switchthat come with it is lacking. What am I kidding? Its awful.

I would like a means to control the v-amp that has more options and more flexibility. I have been looking at the behringer midi foot control. I am not exactly sure what it does. From what I understand I can set different presets on the v-amp to the various pedals in the midi board and use those pedals to switch between them.

Is this correct?

Can the expression pedals control anything? I have heard of people makoing it the ah. Of course thats the obvious use. Could it control the chorus level, distortion, tremelo, etc?

Hi chris ! B) I have Behringer GX212 Ultratwin myself. I recently was talking with a guy at a local music shop and he recommended the Midi foot controller. I don't have any first hand knowledge of it, but have you checked out the Behringer web site description of it ?

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.behringer.com/FCB1010/index.cfm?lang=ENG

I would be curious if anyone has any thoughts on it also. Like you, the foot switch that comes with the amp is very simple. One pedal to switch between channels and the other to cut the effects in and out.

The only thing I would be unsure about is a quirk I have noticed with the amp, and I don't see any reason to believe the Midi controller would be any different. When switching between the effects on the amp control panel, thee seems to be about a one second delay after the old effect is released and when the new effect fades in.

I don't perform, so this is not a big issue with me, but I could see how it would frustrate someone playing live. I am curious if your V-Amp2 has the same quirk ?

Oh, by the way, you can also download the spec sheets and manuals in .pdf format at the link a added, of want a little more info. Take it easy ! :D

Edited by Fender4me

The Behringer web site lists the price at $200.00, but I have them at Musician's Friend and Americ Music supply for $150.00. But the main attraction would be the versatility it would add to the amp. The ability to switch between models and the added expression pedals, all controlled by foot, would be much better than having punch up an effect on the amp control panel. Also the controls on the amp don't allow you to switch between "banks or change quickly from one effect to another several settings higher.

At least on my GX212 you can't. You have to step through each effect to get to the one you want. I haven't had this amp that long and there be a way to set up different banks that you could switch between easier, but I haven't had time to pour through the manual yet and see if it works that way. And being that Behringer is a German company, I think the user manual leaves a little to be desired in the translations. It does not read very user friendly to me.

For now I use my amp in combination with a Zoom 505 effects processor, and I actually like the efeects on the Zoom better than the built in effects on the amp. Although I have been able to get some nice combinations of both simultaneously.

I had the behringer midi foot controller for a while, but I wasn't using it with another Behringer product. This is very powerful and versatile, but you need to be willing to spend some time learning how to set it up to do what you want. It would also help to have some understanding of midi and how it works.

I never really got much farther with it than using it to change presets on my Peavey tubfex, and using one of the foot pedals as a volume control. But it was capable of doing so much more. I was hoping for something a little more plug and play, but I'm just a slacker that way.

I know the 2 foot pedals and all the switches are assignable, meaning you can program them to do different things depending on preset and such. It is also capable of channel switching on an amp, say between clean and crunch. The part I wasn't patient enough with was figuring out how to program the pedal to tell my effect unit what to do, in a way that my effect unit liked.

I bought and sold my unit through Ebay, and it seemed like I bought it and sold it for around $100-$125. If you go this route, one question to ask is what is the firmware revision level of the unit. I know Behringer improved the firmware several times in these units and you will want to get the highest revision level. It seems like I was reading the reviews of this unit on harmony central and I found a Behringer forum or something where they had a whole section just for this unit. There was alot of talk on there about revision levels and what improvements went with them, as well as how to program different things. I remember several people saying they had purchased their pedals from retail stores and had recieved old firmware, or revision levels in their "brand new" units.

Try and find that forum (sorry I can't remember what it was, but check the reviews at harmony central) it will be a big help. This really was a great pedal, and I bet if you use it with another Behringer product it will be much easier going :D