Scalloped Fingerboards.

Wasabi J

I had yet another question from me:

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to mak a proper scalloped fingerboard? I wanna try to play on one, but the only one I've seen was on a guitar I couldn't afford and said, literally, "DO NOT TOUCH" in big red letters. I'd like to give it a whirl so I'm buying a neck and some ebony finger boards... help me out here?

Also to do with these fingerboards or an existing neck, depending on how it's done...

Does anyone have a good idea on how to change out inlays? I want some inlay designs that are a bit more... me. I'd prefer not to use filler in a big hole with the inlay dropped right in, but learn how to really carve it out and do it right.

Thanks in advance....

NOTE: I put this in the wrong forum, didn't I?

Edited by Wasabi J

To answer your third question, YES this is the wrong forum. On the second one. I will suggest you don't do an inlay change once the neck is radius and freted. It is extremely difficukt for the begginer to do an inlay with a straight neck, once the frets are on it's almost imposible to do. If you want a different inlay, I suggest you remove the fret board, buy a preslotted one, dio the inlay and then radius and fret.

Thank you for the honesty. Appreciate it. I'll try... with a bit of dedication I can do it, right? *Inspirational thumbs-up here* Of course, I could end up hurling a fingerboard and a bunch of pearloid pieces against a wall in anger more easily... we'll see.