Need Help Customizing Headstock

Aakoo

Hello :D

I am bulding a Gibson sg style neck thru guitar. I would really like to customize the headstock, but somehow I can not get the shape out of my head to paper.

I was thinking something like on Kerry Kings B.C Rich Wartribe http://www.bcrich.com/wartribe.asp, although i would not like to have so "evil" look in the headstock. I was thinking that the shapes from the body of SG should repeat somehow in the headstock.

Is there any graphic gurus out there who could help me get out this shape, or do you have any other wild and good ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

- ARi

headstocknew12.jpg

You could try something like this iam useing this one on my death vipper design the line's should go well with an SG style guitar since I designed it after an esp

SG style guitar anyway!! B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Thanx Matt!

First I have to say that I have been looking at your pieces of work and I need to say, that they are GREAT! It is not very often when one can see so unique and so characteristic custom guitars. When you see one, you know who has made the guitar. Keep up the nice work and keep us up to date with your work :D How about a Dimebag tribute guitar next?

And now about the headstock:

I actually was checking out the headstock of yours earlier and, but somehow it was not what I am looking for. I was thinkig of more round shapes and the horn shapes of SG body, those I would like to see on the headstock.

- ARi

First I have to say that I have been looking at your pieces of work and I need to say, that they are GREAT! It is not very often when one can see so unique and so characteristic custom guitars. When you see one, you know who has made the guitar. Keep up the nice work and keep us up to date with your work  How about a Dimebag tribute guitar next?

Funny you should say that I was just talking about that in my Dimebag tribute thread I'am realy thinking about it man it would be cool!! any way thanks for the kind words man and good luck with the headstock I cant wait to see some pic's B)

Funny you should say that I was just talking about that in my Dimebag tribute thread I'am realy thinking about it man it would be cool!!

You could name the guitar 1966 - 2004 or those numbers would be cool in the inlays..

any way thanks for the kind words man and good luck with the headstock I cant wait to see some pic's :D

Here's a pic of the project in its current state.

sg_kesken.JPG

This is my second guitar, first one a LP style guitar is not finished yet, but is been made a bit further that the SG. The LP project has been goining pretty smoothly withot any bigger problems, but with the SG i have made tons of mistakes, which I have been able to fix.

As you can see in this picture, the scetches I made of the stock are really crappy..

You can view my projects from my image gallery here Now most pics are of the LP project but as soon as i get both projeccts further i will be posting images there..

I found it.. I just needed to pick up the wood and draw the shape straigt to the headstock piece! tryig to draw it on the paper was a waste of time...

Here's a picture of the cut headstock:

normal_DSC01832.JPG

Picture of the SG and LP in progress here

In the image you can see well the mistakes i made when carving the thrusrod cavity, although it seems worse in the picture than it is in the real life...

Please tell me what do you think..

- Ari

WOW man look's good like ya what your doing B) your headstock look's like a burns Scorpion style I dont like burns guitars at all but that headstock should work out for you!!