First Refret...few Simple Questions

ok so i picked up a stripped down body for 50 bucks and it badly needs to be refretted, in addition to finished and more. the way i see it im willing to try whatever on this guitar to learn since it wont be a terrible loss if i screw anything up.

so ive researched refretting, and i found a great tutorial on how to refret without too many complicated tools and such here. i have a few questions about tools to purchase and my steps.

ok for a fret crowning file, i dont want to buy anything fancy...and this looks like exactly what i need: 3 in one crowning file

would this suffice? i plan on just buying the wide file, im on a semi-tight budget and have no need for the other 2 sizes at the moment.

would regular end cutting pliers from home depot work for removing the frets and cutting the ends? theyre only 10 bucks more for the sharpened ones on stewmac but id like to save every penny i can :D

also, is there a quick way i can find the radius of this guitars fretboard without buying gauges? i was thinking about using a graphics package to make a bunch of circles nad cutting bits of them and printing them out and using that...think it would work?

also, can i just buy like a little rubber mallet from sears or home depot or something to pound the frets in? i dont really feel like buying the stewmac one...

so basically im going to:

-yank the frets with pliers

-radius sand and repair chips with rosewood sawdust and such

-bend frets then hammer them in

-cut them(use the cutting pliers i used to remove the frets?)

-bevel the edges

-level and crown

any help would be greatly appreciated!