Noise

Edgy_Gecko

I am wiring two new Dimarzio Virtural Vintage blues single coli pick-ups into my Yamaha Pacifica. I now do get sound out put when I plug in along with alot of noise even with my original humbucker. As well, my volume pot produces even more noise between 3 and 9. Any ideas on how to fix this? :D

Also, if it's producing a hum when you touch the strings, you probably have the positive and negative\ground reverse on the output. Negative and ground are normally soldered to the back of one of the pots. and the positive is either coming out of the selector switch or out of the volume pot.

If you're having that type of trouble with the volume pot, you might have damaged it with the heat of your soldering pen. That's what happened when I had that problem, back when I wasn't vey good at soldering. The risk of that happening can be reduced by learning proper soldering technique and using a heatsink. I actually put a my pots on a heatsink designed for 20-30 watt transistors where there's a 1/2" space between the risien-up parts. No way to worry about damage from soldering the back of the pot that way!