Neckthrough Sg, My 2nd Guitar

Yeah, I put the nails on the part that later was planed so the wood wings where intact.

About the channel, do it just before you glue the top, it would help a lot because I imagine you´re not gonna use a pickguard.

If the neck blank is too expensive for you maybe you can use a slim blank and glue another wood where the body is gonna be, you wouldn´t notice because your using a maple top. Your neck blank can be a little more thick than what will be your neck so you have room to carve and then you can do a scarf joint at the headstock and add the wood at the body like I suggest. It´s the easiest way I can think of. I´m in Peru and here the mahogany it´s cheap, the problem is getting maple and other hard woods.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm going to put a half pickguard on, like the sg version of the les paul pickguard. But I still want to do the channel, it's a really good idea. You gave your headstock a 17 degree angle?? I'll do that too I guess. Thanks a bunch, I think I'm ready to start now. A few more days to clear up some stuff, then it's on to the fretboard. You'll be the first one to see it...

I use a 14 degree angle at the peghead; I have read that the 17 angle may cause some problems so I´ll do what Gibson is doing now. Good luck man, you can be dumb if you´re a Zeppelin fan :D , finally I could listen How the West Was Won, awesome concert, truly amazing, cheers

Alberto