Slanted Humbuckers

If I remember it correctly, the "slanted humbucker" look was actually based on the fact that when using Floyds the polepieces wouldn't line up with the strings.

Angle the humbucker slightly, and the problem was fixed...

So, with the F-spaced humbuckers available nowadays, there is really no reason to angle the pu anymore.

But I might be wrong.

:D

Most of the time, it really doesn't matter. The magnetic field on most pickups is so large that even if the polepieces are off a little it's really not going to make much of a difference at all. Keep in mind that the polepieces on humbuckers aren't actual magnets, like on single coils. The magnetic field is generated by the bar magnet on the bottom of the pickup and focused a little by the studpieces and screws.

I've used an SD Alnico II Pro humbucker on the bridge of my Strat for years with no ill effects tone or volume wise. The high-E sits just barely south of its polepiece. EMG pickups aren't a problem at all with Floyds, either.