Brass Alloy

Try "Engraver's brass" - as I remember, it's Alloy 353, and looks a bit like gold, but it's been a long time, so don't hold me to that. Architectural alloys are probably going to be too red/coppery for you, and Naval brass looks an awful lot like cartridge brass, at least to my eye. I know that's not much, but hopefully it'll get you aimed in the right direction.

There's also a "gold bronze" that I've seen on rare occasions, but I know absolutely nothing about it, and I've seen some anodized aluminum that might pass for gold in the right light, but there's not much that looks a lot like good old Au. Maybe plating it would work?

Ya know, I almost ordered a sample of engraver brass after looking at some office soccer trophies. Stuff looks pretty goldy to me. I'll get a piece and let you know. I really can't go plating cause the parts usually are needed ASAP and plating has a 2-4 week turnaround. The last piece I made was a Tele bridge pickup cover to be used without a pickguard and a Gotoh fixed bridge. Kind of a booger but it came out OK. Thanks for the input. Good as usual.