Closed Back Amp

Hey guys, I just got my new amp (Marshall MG100DFX) and its a closed back amp. The back board (dunno the technical name for it) seems to be causing a loud rattling. I tried tightening the screws but it didn't help much. Could I take the back off? Would it hurt it the sound? What's the point of these back paltes anyway? BTW, sorry if this is the wrong forum, it really doesnt fit in anywhere.

it has a closed back for a reason, if hte speaker was meant to be used in a free air situation then it would have no back. before trying it with the back off you should take your time to find out what is actually causing the rattle, then use some thin foam or cork, anything soft in the right places will take care of that rattle, keep in mind that sometimes rattles can be a pain in the butt to find, but it can be done.

Yes, you're going to have to find the rattle and make it stop. Take it apart and find out what's rattling - sometimes it's as simple as a loose screw! BTW, be sure to mention this in your Ebay feedback (unless the seller let you know about it up front). No sense in encouraging 'em to do this to somebody else.