3 On/on Switches With 1 Toggle

brunomendez

hi, in my guitar circuit i come up with a normal situation of 3 on/on switches, they have to work all at the same time in diferent circuit , meaning (ex.on1/on2) that all on1 and all on2, for diferent circuit i have to use 3 switches!!

so i have, 3 switches=3 "toggles", and want 3 switches= 1 "toggle"...any ideas???

i come up with this: glue 3 jaguar slide switch, cut a little of 2 slides and manage to glue the 3 slides so that it can work with 1 slide. weard... :D

Ps - toggle=slide=....

hope you get the idea, if not reply and i will try to explain a little better

many thanks

bRUNO

hi, in my guitar circuit i come up with a normal situation of 3 on/on switches, they have to work all at the same time in diferent circuit , meaning (ex.on1/on2) that all on1 and all on2, for diferent circuit i have to use 3 switches!!

so i have, 3 switches=3 "toggles", and want 3 switches= 1 "toggle"...any ideas???

i come up with this: glue 3 jaguar slide switch, cut a little of 2 slides and manage to glue the 3 slides so that it can work with 1 slide. weard... :D

Ps - toggle=slide=....

hope you get the idea, if not reply and i will try to explain a little better

many thanks

bRUNO

hmm i THINK i understand this rightly. you can actualyl buy 3P3T switches which i think is what you need...they have 3 terminals(poles) and 3 pins (throws) which means you can have 3 circuits all on at once? hope this makes sense?

i found a few ones in ebay, very cool!!!

by the way, i have wiring prob, it´s not related to the topic, but its like this:

ok, its a stereo cable to be used with a 3pdt switch, in position 1 - its stereo and position 2 - 2 mono, how do i wire this?? it should be easy but my mind can´t figure it out :D

example

.......... ________________

stereo ________________ stereo

......... _______________ mono

stereo ________________ mono

oh, i forgot to tell, the 3rd pole is to instal a led, the 3pdt is that fultone switch that stewmac sell, i´m building also a box to change signal into 2 amps

hope its clear!!

many thanks for all the help

Edited by brunomendez

hmm, well you could cut down on getting a 3pdt switch altogether actualyl, ive been really stupid thinking about it...if you wire one leg of the LED (remember it has a positive and negative side, dont burn it out by connecting the wrong leg) to the thing it's supposed to be showing thats on is parellel, then you could use a regular dpdt switch...sorry if that didnt make sense :S

from switch<<<___C____>>>to rest of circuit

|_L_|

where C is the thing that will be turned on (i guess the stereo jack?) and L is the LED

sorry, i cant really help with the stereo jack, well i could, but i have a eally weird problem understanding switch wiring so i cant help with that but anyway, you have the Left and Right signals going to the stereo jack right...well if you connect these to one position on the switch, with seperate connections for R and L then take them off 2 other lugs to the jack...then with the mom one, all you hae to do is connect L and R ontot he SAME lug and then take the outputs off the same lug and connect to the jack.

sorry if this didnt make sense or i didnt understand you properly, i dont know too much about electronics, my teacher is completely USELESS! :D