Pickup Selection Advice

sashimimi

Hello, I am looking around for pickups to put into my newly aquired guitar body. It is an H/S/S and i was wondering what type of pickups would fufill my needs. For the humbucker, I really like the Duncan Quarter Pounder, but I have no idea on the single coils. I play alot of bluesy stuff so im not looking for anything that sounds bad on the cleaner side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Thanks for the reply. I listened to that one then did some research on it. The thing is im very short on cash because im a slacker 16 yr old with out a job. I probably have enough money to buy them but i dont know if i could convince my dad to pay car insurance for me for a while :D.

One question i do have for anyone who has good advice on it. um wait ill search it fist but ill be back if i cant find an answer.

Check out Vintage Vibe Guitars for great, affordable pickups. When I make a jazz or blues style that calls for single coils, I give pete Biltoft an e-mail and he voices everything perfectly for me. His sp-90's are superb. They have the wiring and guts of a p90 in a single coil size. Check him out at www.vintagevibeguitars.com.

Great stuff. Good luck on your project!

personally, i would go with p90s instead of the standard fender-type single coil (well i assume thats what youre talking about). IMO p90s are the only kind single coils to have. if its a fat strat, as i also assume, it should be easy to make some room for the p90s using a small file.

hey you could put a p90 in the neck position and a standard single coil in the middle

oh yea, i like the choice of the quarter pounder

Hi again. Thanks for all the replys, im supposed to be working on a research paper about the treaty of paris of 1763 right now but as soon as i get the time i will check out those singlecoil sized p-90's. One thing about the normal sized p-90's is that the guitar i have is not front routed like a strat. It has a rear conrol cavity with the pickup cavities routed in the top. Do you think i should just slap a pickgaurd on there like a strat (not exactly the same. That way i could rout a cavity like the universal pickup bodies from warmoth. What do you guys think of this idea.

Hey, Blackburn! I could never get prices from Pete. What do you do to find out how much his stuff is? His overwounds are what THEDOCTOR(get it?) ordered. But not till I know the pricing.

Hi the doctor,

I e-mail Pete at cynpete1@earthlink.net, tell him about the project, and he tells me what to Paypal him. I less than a week, most time, I have great pickups.

Hi blackburn,

I just email pete and asked for a quote. Also i listened to the sound samples and they sound awesome, i only hope the price is not trough the roof because like i mentioned before im a pretty big slacker with out a job. (and I possess minimal ability to write a comprehendable sentance, I might add)

thanks for the great tip

Hello

Sorry about the delay with the body pictures but ive been very busy (i got to g see the Salvador Dali exhibition at the Philly Museum of Art) but here they are

Front:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/sashimimi/front.jpg

Back:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/sashimimi/Back.jpg

Side:

(contours that i added with an orbital sander and a belt sander, they still need work though):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/sas...idecontours.jpg