Blues Pickup Selection

I'm trying to decide on all the hardware and start ordering stuff for my next guitar. It's going to be a redwood topped semi hollowbody. I'm trying to get a blues/jazz kind of sound. I want it to have some bite if I want it, but I really want some good clean jazzy tones. The Seymour Duncan page recommended either '59s, or the antiquity series. Does anyone else have any reccomendations, or opinions on the pickups mentioned?

Thanks,

Devon

I'm trying to decide on all the hardware and start ordering stuff for my next guitar. It's going to be a redwood topped semi hollowbody. I'm trying to get a blues/jazz kind of sound. I want it to have some bite if I want it, but I really want some good clean jazzy tones. The Seymour Duncan page recommended either '59s, or the antiquity series. Does anyone else have any reccomendations, or opinions on the pickups mentioned?

Thanks,

Devon

Seymour Duncan '59s are not bad. They do give a nice Jazz tone but if i remember correctly, they dont have remarkably high output. But this is off the top of my head and should not be taken to seriously...

Just realised reading that back...that was a kind of useless post by me :D

I'll take low output and clean tone at any volume over high output and attack anyday.

SD Pearly Gates are good for this if you want humbuckers. Pair a PG in the bridge with a '59 or Alnico II Pro in the neck and you'd have a deadly blues combo.

I haven't personally tried the Custom Custom, but I hear that's good if you want to pay for it.