Pickup Dilemma - Emgs Or Wat?

Matt

ok im in the middle of my second project, and am wondering wat pickups to put in it. I have a guitar already with a bareknuckle Miricleman humbucker (which is supposed to be modeled on Zakk wylde) in it. For those who dont know what it is then www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk and look for it. Its pretty high output, not as high as a kent armstrong motherbucker, but it sounds great and gets good harmonics.

im looking at getting either emg's, a dimarzio evolution or FRED.

I like satrianis tone, but then i like the raw power and pinched harmonics that Vai gets in crossroads. on the other hand i love metallica. and Randy Rhoads.

I was originally thinking of winding my own Alnico pro 2 and a slightly lower output EVO with a A5 mag instead of ceramic.

What do you guys think?, I really what to be able to see a comparison to the miricleman as well if asnyone knows?

Cheers Matt

I like satrianis tone, but then i like the raw power and pinched harmonics that Vai gets in crossroads. on the other hand i love metallica. and Randy Rhoads.

There is no pickup in the world that's going to make you sound like these guys. For one thing, they all use different pickups. Metallica and Zakk use EMGs. Steve, Joe, and Randy have all used different models of Dimarzios at different points in time.

EMG 81s or 85s, Evolutions, and FREDs are completely different pickups and it all depends on what you want. If you want sheer horsepower to burn, but digital effects friendly, controllable at any volume, the EMGs are peerless. If you want over the top shredding power with no brakes, the Evo is your best bet. If you want a pickup you can do anything with given the right amp and proper effects, go for the FRED.