Possible Gibson Les Paul Mods

Before I start, can anybody tell me of the quality of mighty mite pickups?? I hear mixed things?? Ok, now I have a black flat top les paul. Pretty new. I want to put new pickups in, change the rear cavity covers to cream (They're black, but mounting rings are cream. Change the jack plate to cream too. I'm thinking about adding a pickguard, but would that work on a flat top?? I'd want one with a bracket. Oh, and is it worth the time and effort to rewire and shield the electronics?? I'd like to get rid of some feedback. Thanks

Before I start, can anybody tell me of the quality of mighty mite pickups?? I hear mixed things?? Ok, now I have a black flat top les paul. Pretty new. I want to put new pickups in, change the rear cavity covers to cream (They're black, but mounting rings are cream. Change the jack plate to cream too. I'm thinking about adding a pickguard, but would that work on a flat top?? I'd want one with a bracket. Oh, and is it worth the time and effort to rewire and shield the electronics?? I'd like to get rid of some feedback. Thanks

Just about the shielding the electronics bit: shielding the electroncs won't do anything about feedback. Feedback is when you stand in front of your amp, and you strike a note. Your strings begin vibrating at a certain frequency, and your amp starts moving air at that frequency to make sound. This vibrating air then hits the vibrating strings and causes a resonance in which the vibration of the strings is amplified - making the sound louder, which makes the strings vibrate more, etc.

What shielding everything will do is cut back on 60 cycle induced hum from the electrical wires around where you're playing - which is rarely a problem in a guitar with humbucking pickups (to see if you have a problem, stand to the side of your amp, not in front of it, with the guitar plugged in, the amp at normal playing setup, and the volume on the guitar turned all the way down. You'll most likely hear some hum - this is hum from the amp itself (and maybe your cable). Now turn the volume on your guitar amp - does the hum get louder? It's this part of the hum (and this part only) that you'll help eliminate by shielding your guitar's wiring.

Oh, and I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to put a normal LP pickguard on it.