Installing My First Vintage

this thread is just kind of to reassure me that im doing this right, ive only ever installed tune-o-matics before. i just got my stewmac shipment with a wilkinson vintage tremmy and sized it up to my mysteriously routed flying v body...and thank god they fit even though the rout looks funny. anyways im going to drill the holes for it(the old ones were filled and as ive found are spaced different) and have a quick q. the bridge has a tiny bit of play in the hole forward and backward. when i press it all the way against the back of the rout its a tiny hair of an angle crooked compared to the bridge bucker rout, and when i push it forward its parallel to it. firstly, will it make a huge difference if its not perfectly parallel? i should think not as i could just adjust the saddles accordingly. if i do make it parallel, should i make it parallel to the neck and ignore the pickup cavities?

also, the bridge touches the back of the cavity inside when pushed to the extreme down position...is this a problem? i dont really seem to think so as its only a tiny bit and when its pushed ALL the way down.