Kustom Amps

sepultura999

Hey all. My girlfriend needs an amp and I decided to buy one for her birthday. We went out and tried a few practise amps, so far the brand x seems to be really good for the price, and she has the distortion she needs for now with the digitech grunge pedal. I came across on ebay Kustom amps and I checked them out on musiciansfriend and music123 to make sure if they really are that cheap. Well since they're so cheap, what's your take on them? The stores around here don't carry Kustom so I can't really go try em out. I've noticed a few auctions with the Kustom Quad 200 going surprisingly cheap! Any thoughts?

-Jamie :D

I've owned a Kustom Quad 100 DFX (http://www.kustom.com/products/guitar_amps/quad100dfx.asp) for quite some time now and I am very happy with it. I use my Boss GT-6 for all my sounds, so all I was after was a good usable EQ and some quality powerful speakers. The 2x12" Celestion Super 65's deliver for me and it sounds great. One thing I will say about it though is that the amp distortion is pretty damn weak - I would never be able to rely on it to get the sounds I am after, but I have the GT-6 so for the money I wasn't bothered. It sounds lovely clean and for mild distortion its brilliant. Sometimes if im just playing bluesy stuff I will skip the GT-6 and just use the amp.

Basically I have no problems recommending the Kustom stuff, especially the model I have, but from what ive seen I am one of the few people whoe dont knock them... but that is probably because I seem to be part of the minority who cant afford an all tube marshall stack or whatever.

It's solid and it does what I want - I couldn't ask for more :D