Hardware

This is going to sound really cheap but that is not the cae. I am in the motions of stripping an repainting a guitar but with the new paint job I think it would looked better with gold hardware insted of crome. I can't find the same hardware in gold though so is there anyway I can just change the colour of my crome hardware??

If it is actual chrome, a lot of normal paint won't stick to it, im interested to know what hardware isn't available in chrome, but none the less, you'll have to get some chrome paint, gold in your case. Its not TOO expensive but it ain't free... Should look fairly good although the stuff i saw look fairly yellow. You WILL be able to tell it was painted chrome and now gold, but if you do EVERYTHING like that, it'll turn out pretty good.

It shouldn't. Plating is not a coating.. it's a molecular bond between the plating metal and the surface.. It can wear away, as the surface of the metal is worn away but i wouldn't think it would chip. Chroming over cheap metal sometimes chips but I don't know the chroming process at all. As long as you are plating a solid piece of metal I would think you would be fine.

Yeah, WD has all kinds of bigspy stuff. Allparts has a gold bigsby too.. i'm looking at it in the catalog. Part # 3640-002

I could never find bigsby stuff on allparts. WD has quite a few though. The bridge I am refering to is the tunomatic.

AllParts website is horrible to say the least. You have to have a catalog. Part 3640-002 is a horseshoe style gold vibrato only to sit behind a TOM 220 list. What a rip. The nickel version is 135 list. I assume it's the kind you're looking for. Not the full length tailpiece for archtops.. WD may be a better price. OK yeah.. they have it for 150. Never mind. The allparts one is a legit bigsby, not a licensed model. AP has a licensed model too for 150. 150 is list, if you can find a dealer you can get it cheaper. I'm a dealer with AP and WD but for one item, i wouldn't save you any money..

Here you go.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WD1V

This is the real deal.. Lists for 220 so that's 60 bucks off.

Yeah but wouldn't this peice be flat on the bottom. See thats my problem while ibanez used a horseshoe stye the guitar still has an arch to it and so does the horseshoe they fitted it with. I would use a regular holllow bodies bigsby but that would mean I would have to fill holes where screws used to be and drill hole were screws weren't in the first place.

Aah.. well i don't know.. there are ones for tele's and ones for LPs and carved guitars. The LP curve might noe be the same as your ibanez but i shouldn't be flat. Not sure what to tell you there. I'm out of answers :D

Yeah but wouldn't this peice be flat on the bottom. See thats my problem while ibanez used a horseshoe stye the guitar still has an arch to it and so does the horseshoe they fitted it with. I would use a regular holllow bodies bigsby but that would mean I would have to fill holes where screws used to be and drill hole were screws weren't in the first place.