My "custom" Strat Finally Done!

Well I finally finished my strat project Ive been working on for a while.. It started life out as a sorry looking red squire much like this:

http://www.musicianshop.com/Fender_Guitars...rat_red_BIG.jpg

And a new Warmoth neck, new set of pups, and a new paint job later it's looking like this:

Strat_Front.JPGStrat_Body.JPG

Strat_Sparkle.JPG

Dont mind the upper right picture, Ive been playing for like an hour with it and my handprints are all over it so its just a smudge, I assure you the paint is flawless :wink:

What do you guys think?

I can't tell in the pictures how smooth the finish is. In the body pic, lighting along the top cutaway makes it look very orange-peely, but it could just be the lighting on the sparkles.

One other thing-- it needs black pickup covers. I repeat, NEEDS. It'll really tie the whole look together.

I can't tell in the pictures how smooth the finish is. In the body pic, lighting along the top cutaway makes it look very orange-peely, but it could just be the lighting on the sparkles.

One other thing-- it needs black pickup covers. I repeat, NEEDS. It'll really tie the whole look together.

well the pictures makes it loot alot worse than it really is.. Considering I paid $18 total for the paint and im 16 I think it turned out pretty damn good. :D Im planning on putting a whole different pickguard on, prolly white pearloid, this is just so i can play her for the next couple of weeks.. Im planning on also painting the headstock to match..

Looking good! I like the finish. Is that a paint finish or did you do something specific before finishing it?

its just some car paint i got from pepboys with 3 stages... black, sparkle, clear... like $3 a can and i was two cans of each to finish it.

Edited by Parker_Fly

I see you can swap a 21 fret neck for a 22 fret AM. Std. style neck. I assume the only difference between the necks is the little fretboard overhang on the new neck to accomodate the 22nd fret. Or did you have to do a little bit of neck pocket shaving to get the right intonation?

Edited by Southpa

I agree with all the comments on here, its a nice looking guitar Parker  :D

Are you going to add a decal to the headstock, or just paint  it?

Once again well done  :D

just gonna paint over it.. Thanks!

I see you can swap a 21 fret neck for a 22 fret AM. Std. style neck. I assume the only difference between the necks is the little fretboard overhang on the new neck to accomodate the 22nd fret. Or did you have to do a little bit of neck pocket shaving to get the right intonation?

The new neck is the same exact specs as the old one so theres no problems in that dept....