Neck Screw Ferrule Advice

I'm building an Explorer with a bolt on neck.When you use the proper size forstner bit there is still a gap that is there to allow for finish thickness.My problem is that I'm going to Tung oil the body.Could I insert them all into the position they will be in when bolted and then use some CA to fill the small gaps?

I'd use the next size smaller, then use a countersink until you get the right size as a bevel. Then go in there with a Dremel and go around and around until you have a perfect fit, with a slight bevel on top. That's always what I've done when I needed a perfect fit, or if I was retrofitting a painted body. I've never relied on a Forstner to get me the "exact" size.

What I did one time, that worked quite well, was to use a spade bit with the edges ground flat, though some are like that already, and then used a grinder and ground down a bit at a time off the sides until it was the right size for the ferrules. Forstner bits are great, but spade bits can be more awesome since you can use their guiding point to go in the neck screw hole and keep your holes all in line.