Tom Modification

my main question is how would i modify a TOM for 12 strings, ericb has already put forward a suggestion that i notch either side of the original string placement and puting both normal and octave string through the one hole in the tailpeice, any other ways?? (i really dont like the SM hardtail 12 bridge)

another question (hijacking my own thread :D )

i have this humbucker, it sounds very very good, almost as good as my Seymour JB's, but instead of a screw line and a slug line, it has 2 slug lines and they are offset from the face about 0.5 mm, and im lookin 4 another 1 exactly or close to the same, any one got any ideas?

First of all, there actually are 12-string TOM's available with individual saddles for each string. If you simply put two notches right next to each other on a 6-string TOM, it should work although you won't be able to intonate quite as well.

You could always use two lines of string-throughs with ferrules, one for each octave of strings. If you did it right it could look pretty sharp.

12- string TOM??? cant say ive heard about one, i like the idea if drilling through 4 all 12 strings, i like it heaps, but im trying to avoid it, cos the wood is very hard and chews up drill bits.

luke

:D:D

ps. where would i go about getting one of these 12-string TOM's ??

ps. where would i go about getting one of these 12-string TOM's ??

Brian, the site owner, has an online store at www.universaljems.com. If you go to the tune-o-matic page, and all the way to the bottom, he has 'em in both gold and chrome. Please be aware that I've never used these nor seen one in person, but it is a twelve string TOM.