Modding A Preamp?

goth_fiend

I gotta ask, where whould you want the loop to be in the signal-path? I haven't even SEEN one of these before but, after spending 20 minutes looking at it online, I am somewhat impressed. There would be a bunch of different places to put in an effects loop and I would have trouble deciding where. Had to ask.

well im going to be showing my dumbness here, but im always used to my amps having an effects loop, so i freaked when i saw that this preamp doesnt have one, i like the ability to put all of my effects in the loop then throwing my wah, whammy and volume in front of the amp and off i go, i know i can put all of my effects in front of my amp but theres always the "tone" debate saying otherwise.

OK, help me get this all straight - you had a booster, a chorus and an EQ in the F/X loop - since the Chameleon has all those built in and programmable, why do you need an F/X loop? The whole point of buying a rackmount MIDI preamp is to make a patch for each of your sounds that includes all of the stuff you want in it, so you only have to press the right button, and the sound magically appears. Get rid of all that stuff except the volume, Whammy and wah, and use the preamp - you paid for it, no sense in wasting the functionality.

I put my EQ between my preamp and my power amp (back when I was still using an EQ - ditto for my BBE). As for the Intellifex, it's kinda redundant, unless you need more functionailty than the Chameleon has to offer, but you can also put it after the preamp (but before the EQ). I'm not sure why you need both - unless you're doing covers that range from Pink Floyd and Meshuggah to BR549 and Yanni, the Chameleon will more than likely do anything you'll ever need once you learn how to program it. At some point, maximum flexibiity becomes uncontrollable chaos.