Warmoth Body And Usacg Neck, Compatible?

I was considering building a guitar from a Warmoth Strat body because they have a few in the showcase that I like and a ordering a neck from USA custom guitars. I prefer Warmoth's bodies and USACG's necks. Will these work as well together as say warmoth/warmoth construction? Will the neck pocket still be as tight? Anyone do this before?

Edited by Xeromus

I haven't attempted that though, but i believe that the USACG folks are ex warmoth employees.. If you're getting a body with a standard strat pocket you should have no problem. You might want to call Tommy at USA though and get a quote on both.. might be a little better price getting both from him.

I haven't attempted that though, but i believe that the USACG folks are ex warmoth employees.. If you're getting a body with a standard strat pocket you should have no problem.  You might want to call Tommy at USA though and get a quote on both.. might be a little better price getting both from him.

Cost ends up being about the same. Finishing through roxy and the neck itself is more expensive than warmoth BUT USACG doesn't upcharge for a flat radius and the neck back contour I want where those two options would cost me an extra $70 at warmoth. They come out to be only a few dollars different.

It really just comes down to the fact that I like USA's neck construction and how they feel and I like the fact that wamoth has in stock bodies that I can purchase.

It will work. Tommy has his own forum and many members over there have done just what you are asking about. Also, keep an eye on the USACG site, because occasionally there are web specials (I got an alder strat body for $95 a year ago).

When you call in your neck order, tell Tommy its for a Warmoth body and see if there's anything he feels needs to be done to adapt. There probably isn't.

Xeromus, I agree with you on their necks, they rock. I've got two of their necks and two of their bodies. I also prefer USA CG bodies for Strats and tele's because I can call and ask Tommy for exactly what I want tonally, and he delivers. On my first strat body I ordered, we talked about the tone I wanted and he called me back 30 minutes later very excited and said he found the perfect piece of alder for me. He delivered on the tone I was looking for. He's a great guy and knows what he's doing (not that the Warmoth folks don't also).

Edited by javacody

I haven't attempted that though, but i believe that the USACG folks are ex warmoth employees.. If you're getting a body with a standard strat pocket you should have no problem.  You might want to call Tommy at USA though and get a quote on both.. might be a little better price getting both from him.

Cost ends up being about the same. Finishing through roxy and the neck itself is more expensive than warmoth BUT USACG doesn't upcharge for a flat radius and the neck back contour I want where those two options would cost me an extra $70 at warmoth. They come out to be only a few dollars different.

It really just comes down to the fact that I like USA's neck construction and how they feel and I like the fact that wamoth has in stock bodies that I can purchase.

A buddy of mine just ordered a bass body from Tommy.. they were on a 2 week turnaround which isn't bad. A month or so ago, they were saying 4 weeks on just about everything. It's nice not to have to wait but as javacody said, they will really get you exactly what you want and if you're waiting for the neck.. why not way for the body too :D

Only because I can save a lot of time and money by going with a showcase body by warmoth, plus they already have a finish that I'm interested in. But yeah, Tommy does go the extra mile for his customers. That's something Warmoth can't do because of how much they've grown.