Lo-pro Edge Dimensions

Hi im looking at doing the same as wix and making a FR bridge except im looking at making a copy of a lo-pro edge but since i dont have one i need the dimensions

Could anyone give me as much information as possible on the lo-pro such as its thickness at certain points and width and distance between back of the saddles to end of brigde e.t.c.

Also what sort of material would be the best sounding material to use?

would mild steel be any good or do i need somthing with a higher carbon content?

Thanks alot guys

Matt

Is there a reason why you really want to make one? It would be harder to make a copy of an Edge/ Lo pro because the baseplate isn't flat, it's like a wedge. If you are just looking to get a Lo pro cheaper it would be much easier to get off the bay.

yea i like making things, it gives me a better sense of achievement plus i have access to a large workshop so i dont think the making of it will pose much of a problem to me, but i do see your point. but then again 'cheap ones off ebay' aren't exactly common.

Thanks anyway

Matt

If you are really attempting to build! one. Why not go the additional step and improve on the design, and come up with something closer to the Edge Pro.

The Edge Pro is hardly an improvement on the original lopro's, in fact, I think it's a few steps backwards. I don't care for anything about the edge pro systems

As for dimensions, I'm probably in teh same boat as a lot of people here, I have lopro's on many guitars, but I'm not really interested in completely dissassembling one to measure it up. All the dimensions needed is a TON of work.

ok i see your point and im not asking for anyone to go out of their way here, mybe i was being a bit optomistic, really i was looking at the general dimensions of the base plate and the thickness at the front, back and middle before it gets narrower -(because of the wedge shape).

i wouldn't have thought it would need it taken off and they dont have to be exact.

but thanks anyway

Matt