8 String Project.

Hey guys ages ago i started a 7 string project using a Q-Tuner pickup but due to college its never got past the template stages (and i kept changing my mind...) So ive decided that as i already had a 7 string i would go with an 8 string as the pickup will still be able to get all the notes.

Im having the Neck made as i know i would just screw it up and i want something playable - so its going to be -

27" scale length (for that extra string)

Ebony FB

Maple Neck

29 frets - for crazy lead stuff.

Custom inlay at the 12th fret the rest blank with side dots.

Sapple Body

Q-Tuner pickup at bridge.

It will be around 10 weeks till its playable as i have to wait 5-6weeks for the neck. Then i can make changes to my drawings.

And for the finish its going to be Red-Black burst. So this will be updated as soon as i get the neck!

BigT

ive not but cant hurt to have em means im gonna have them if i ever need em. i dont see how its going to be that different, its just like having the extra strings you get used to em. Also if im going to be playing any Mattias Ai Eklundh stuff i need at least 27 (like his signature guitar).

BigT

Well the Q tuner pickup is for a 5 string bass but i asked them what i should use for a 7 string guitar and told me to use that as it will still pickup all the notes. and its wide enough to get all the notes on an 8 string and wont look too big for the guitar. (as it did with the 7)

BigT